Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gift Card


What: TGI Friday's Gift Card ($50)

Why: This was my husband's Christmas gift from his employer. Weak.

Where: I'm selling it online. I've checked out 3 gift card exchange sites:

Plastic Jungle - The nicest looking of the sites. They offered $37.50 cash or $39.38 in an Amazon.com gift certificate. Trading one gift card for another... interesting. I wonder how much I could get to trade in a $39.38 Amazon.com gift card. Oh surprise! The site doesn't accept Amazon.com gift certificates.

Gift Card Rescue - This site looks like it was designed using Front Page from Windows 2000. They also offered $37.50 for my $50 gift card.

Gift Card Buy Back - Ding ding ding! We have a winner! These folks offered me a whopping $39.00 for the gift card. Sold! Here's how it worked:

I entered the card details. I created an account (username, password, etc). I got an order number and and address where I will send the gift card. It said "Note: Allow up to 10 days to receive your check after you mail your gift cards." I can also track the order using my order number. I hope this works.

1/11/09 Update: The check arrived in the mail today! +$39 to my total. Wheeee!!!

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, a gift card to TGI Fridays? He office better be next door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super weak. He has clearly pissed off his boss. You know what the worst part is? Everybody on that card is skinny, as though these were the results of eating at T.G.I. Fridays more often. Instead they should depict an overweight person having a heart attack, and the tag-line should be: "Go out in a blaze of lard!"

    ReplyDelete